Find out more about the Pump Centre and its members.
Find out more about the latest news from the Pump Centre and its members.
Find out more about what's happening at the Water Equipment Show.
Find out more about the Water Equipment Show Conference & Exhibition and other events.
Find out more about our scheduled training course programme.
Find out more about our collaborative Water Industry projects.
Find out information about the consultancy services that we offer our members.
If you register you will gain access to the information in our FREE ZONE. If you are a Pump Centre member you will be given a higher level permission which will allow you to access much more!
Nominations for the Pump Centre Young Engineer Awards 2020 are now open.
For many years, The Pump Centre has encouraged and supported the development of Young Engineers in the UK who work with any aspect of pumps and associated systems. One of the ways it does this is by making an award to those whose level of achievement and development is recognised as being above average for their position.
There are three categories for the awards: Professional, Technician and Apprentice. The Awards are presented each year during the Pump Centre Conference dinner held at the Telford International Centre. The 2020 awards will take place on the evening of
May 2020. Click here to see a list of our previous winners:Roll of Honour 2019.pdf
How to enter
The guidance notes for the awards can be downloaded via the following link:
Young Engineers Awards 2020 Guidance Notes_For Publication v2.pdf
To enter the awards, please download the nomination form here:
Young Engineers Awards 2020 Nomination Form_For Publication v2.docx
Please note, the deadline for all entries is Friday 13th December 2019.
File download instructions:
To qualify for nomination in the
Professional Young Engineer category, the candidate must be 28 years of age or less on the 1st March 2020 and have a formal qualification in an Engineering or related subject.
· To qualify for nomination in the
Technician Young Engineer category, the candidate must be 24 years of age or less on the 1st March 2020 and have proven experience on engineering projects as appropriate to their field of work. They should spend most of their time working outside the workshop in a less hands-on role, have a level of responsibility commensurate with that of a Technician Engineer and possibly be working towards a formal qualification in Engineering or a related subject.
· To qualify for nomination in the
Apprentice Young Engineer category, the candidate must be 22 years of age or less on the 1st March 2020 and have proven engineering experience as appropriate to their field of work and primarily be working in the workshop or in the field on hands-on based tasks.
In each category, the selection process will comprise two stages.
1. Employees of Pump Centre member companies and employees of non-member companies who work closely with Pump Centre member companies (e.g. contractors, consultants etc.) are eligible to apply.
2. All nominations must be endorsed by a representative from a Pump Centre member company.
3. Each Pump Centre member company can nominate or endorse up to 2 young engineers in each award category.
4. The endorser and nominator can be the same person.
5. The nominator must have known the nominee in a working capacity (e.g. manager, team leader, foreman etc.) for at least one year. The nominator does not have to be an employee of a Pump Centre member company.
6. The nomination form must be completed in full by the nominee, nominator and for non-members be endorsed by a Pump Centre Member.
Terms and Conditions
All nomination forms must be returned to the Pump Centre on or before
Friday 13th December 2019.
The awards are not limited to anyone working in one type of company or Pump Centre membership category. Anyone satisfying the eligibility criteria above is eligible for nomination.
Candidates can be in any of the major disciplines and there is no restriction regarding the type of work they carry out. The nominee's type of experience is also not limited to any one type or category. What's more important is the level of achievement of the nominee and their personal development and the contribution they have made to their business.
In each category the award winner will receive a package of prizes worth several hundred pounds comprising:
· A commemorative certificate or trophy
· A gift voucher worth up to £200
· A one day Pump Centre training course worth up to £350
In addition, the award winners and all finalists will receive an invitation, for them and a guest, to attend the Water Equipment Show Conference Dinner Awards Ceremony on the evening of
· Nomination Forms to be submitted by Friday 13th December 2019
· Stage 1 Judging will be completed by early January 2020
· Finalists will be notified in early January 2020 and provided with further details of Stage 2
· Stage 2 Judging (Interviews) will take place on Tuesday 25th February 2020 at the Calcot Hotel, Reading.
· Candidates will be informed of the results by early-March 2020
· Official winners' announcement at Conference Dinner on 13th May 2020
Please note: All items are subject to variation and the Pump Centre's decision on all matters relating to the Pump Centre Young Engineers Award is final.
© Arcadis Consulting UK Ltd. All rights reserved. Registered number 02212959.
Registered Office at Arcadis House, 34 York Way, London, N1 9AB, UK. Part of the Arcadis Group of Companies along with other entities in the UK.